You will need to configure your camera to send notifications to QCamPro. The Axis camera can be configured to send these notifications based on certain events and during certain times.
Create the recipient
Open your camera in the web browser and go to Setup in the top right of the window.
- When the menu loads, go to Events and then Recipients in the left hand menu.
- Click Add to create a new recipient. NOTE: The Axis camera does not support failover servers, use the first server only as the recipient.
- Set the recipient information as shown in your activation e-mail. Remember to set the Type to TCP for the connection to work correctly.
- Click OK to save.
Create the action rule
- Click on Actions Rules and then add to create a new rule for the notification.
- Name the rule and select the condition that you want to get notified for. You can also set a schedule to only receive notifications during given times. Set the Action type to Send Notification and select the recipient you created in the previous section. Full in the unique message from your activation e-mail and click OK to save. NOTE: Ensure that Send notifications continuously is NOT enabled.
- If you want to get notifications on multiple kinds of events, simply create a rule for each of them.
Your camera is now configured to send notifications when events happen under your given scenario. If you aren't getting notifications go to the camera and check that everything is configured correctly and not conflicting. Test the events by triggering the event and checking you receive a notification.